All of Rossi’s race bikes under one roof
Rossi’s career in the World Championship series spans 18-years now. So you can imagine that there are some pretty big numbers associated to everything. The man has had 312 race starts, totalling in 5093 points, 196 podium finishes with 60 pole positions. He also has nine championship wins under his belt, from 125 cc to 250cc class and on to the premier class which includes a win on the ruthless 500 cc two-stroke machines.
Throughout his career, Rossi has won these championships on motorcycles various manufacturers. Starting with Aprilia in the 125 and moving to Honda where his epic battles with Max Biaggi can still be remembered and then moving on to Yamaha, and returning to the Japanese manufacturer after a short two season stint with Ducati.
As a special tribute to the racing legend and his achievements, MCN has organised a special event at the London Motorcycle Show held between 13-15 February 2015 that would feature all his bikes on display. This would include all his raced motorcycles that are today with the teams or in the museum or with private collectors from around the globe, all under one roof.
The exhibition would have the following bikes:
- 1997 AGV Aprilia RS125R- 125cc
- 1999 Aprilia RS250 Mugello special- ‘Valenti-Peace and Love’- 250cc
- 2002 Repsol Honda RC211V- 990cc
- 2004 Go! Yamaha YZR-M1- 990cc
- 2005 Yamaha YZR-M1- 990cc Laguna ‘Speed Block’ special
- 2008 Fiat Yamaha YZR-M1- 800cc
- 2009 Fiat Yamaha YZR-M1-800cc Estoril ‘Fiat Punto’ special
- 2011 Factory Ducati Desmosedici- 800cc